ModButton is an integrated momentary only switch and offset Scout mount design providing a simple clean mount in one convenient package. Developed out of a need to conserve rail space and also deliver a switch that could handle the power needs of modern lights, Modlite partnered Unity Tactical to help us produce a small switch and mount solution that would be backward compatible with the SureFire® light ecosystem.
ModButton utilizes a patented Unity Tactical design which supports power delivery needed by the next generation of high output weapon lights. A Unity built Surefire® compatible lead allows ModButton to be backward compatible with all Surefire®, Arisaka and Modlite Scout bodies as well as Surefire UE and DS00 tail caps. If constant on is a requirement we recommend using a SF DS00 tail cap which can be found here.
One problem that exists today is older legacy switches are not able to pass the current needed to run current and future generation lights. These older switch designs do not allow Modlite light heads to run at full power. Typically these switches reduce output by 15-20%. ModButton utilizes an updated plug design as well as improved electronics that allow the ModButton to output at full power so all the lumens and candela can be put to good use.
- ModButton is waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes and features more durable buttons than many competing pressure switches on the market. The offset mount will allow any Scout type mounting system to be used.
- ModButton is compatible with the Unity FUSION LightWing adapter which is designed to extend the light out to clear lasers or help push the light out in order to help reduce or eliminate shadow from suppressors.
- The package includes the switch and mount only, no tail cap is supplied.
- Made in the USA
- Weight: 2.8oz
- Dimensions: 1.0 × 3.8 × 5.7 in
- Mounting Side: Left or Right