The Zhukov-U Hand Guard shaves off 1.5” from the original Zhukov AK Hand Guard to accommodate shorter barreled rifles and pistols, and keeps the front end of full-length rifles a little more lively. The shorter version also allows us to accommodate the military issue cleaning rods.
The Zhukov-U shares the same style of sturdy aluminum chassis as the longer standard Zhukov, providing strength and heat mitigation in a comfortable, injection-molded exterior for superior ergonomics.
The Zhukov-U includes M-LOK slots for accessory attachment and is fully compatible with the UltiMAK gas tube rail. Installation requires removing the handguard retainer.
Hand Guard counts as one US compliance part for 922(r).
Made in the USA.
- M-LOK slots for accessory attachments.
- Durable polymer outer Hand Guard.
- 1.5″ Shorter than standard Zhukov handguard.
- Compatible with SBRs and AK pistols with standard-length gas systems.
- Optimized for short barrel rifles such as AK-102, AK-104, & AK-105.
- Vented gas tube cover.
- UltiMAK compatible.
- Fits stamped and milled AK-47/AK-74 rifles.
- Extended length for modern shooting techniques.
The Zhukov-U Hand Guard requires the permanent removal of the factory hand guard retaining cap and forward sling mount if so equipped. Please ensure your barrel diameter under the hand guard falls between 16.75-18.25 millimeters before cutting your retaining cap!
Due to the wide range of tolerances of your typical AK, minor additional fitting may be required. Not compatible with Yugo pattern rifles or RPK style receivers.
Heatshield relieved to accept a standard AK cleaning rod.
Due to extended Hand Guard length, barrels less than 11.5” long are not recommended.