The Stealth Recoil Spring™ SRS™ is a self-contained multi-stage drop-in replacement for your standard buffer and spring. The SRS™ is designed to keep the buffer spring from rubbing against the inner wall of the buffer tube providing smooth, quiet operation and the second stage helps reduce the felt recoil significantly.
- Drop-in replacement for standard buffer and spring
- Reduce felt recoil
- Keep the buffer spring from rubbing against the inner wall of the buffer tube
- Buffer mass is designed to stay under constant tension against the bolt carrier
- Rubber O-ring on the head of the buffer mass prevents metal on metal contact
- Made in the U.S.A.
- C: 3.3 oz.
- H: 3.8 oz.
- H2: 4.7 oz.
- H3: 5.6 oz.
- BB: 5.7 oz.
- 9MM: 6.4 oz.
Actual Wight – Complete System (new version with stainless steel weight):
- C: 6.2 oz.
- H: 6.6 oz.
- H2: 7.4 oz.
- H3: 8.0 oz.
- BB: 7.5 oz.
- 9MM: 9.5 oz.
- AR-15 with carbine-length buffer tube
The SRS™ comes with Red LOCTITE on the front metal stop and Blue LOCTITE for the bottom bumper, when reassembling we recommend reapplying LOCTITE. The SRS™ can be installed with or without a buffer retainer.
The polymer bumper goes towards the rear of the firearm and the weight mass with the o-ring goes towards the bolt carrier.
Most bolt carriers have a rear opening of over .60″, there are a couple of bolt carriers in the market place that have a rear opening of under .60″ and will not function with the SRS.
9mm Bolt Carriers ONLY: For proper function of the SRS-9 in your 9mm rifle or pistol, the extra weight on the back of the bolt carrier needs to be removed. It is held in with a spring pin.