IWC’s “SCAR CHARGER” PROJECT GOALS: No host weapon wear; no weight gain vs. FNH Factory CH; single piece design; clear the optics when charging weapon; improved weapons manipulation; Like an AK’s CH, can be used as a gouging weapon.
Features & Benefits:
- The location and design of the FNH Factory SCAR reciprocating Charging Handle can sometimes be a major problem–especially if you are mounting optics with a QD lever system. Your knuckles will take a beating for sure.
- IWC’s “SCAR Charger” Charging Handle is uniquely designed to lower the contact point for the Operators hand, providing clearance for your knuckles to pass freely under the Optic Mount, avoiding injury.
- Control of the SCAR Charger is improved over the factory FNH Charging Handle. CNC machined and relieved center section of increases the amount of edged contact surfaces on the SCAR Charger, improving grip, with or without gloves.
- IWC’s SCAR Charger is virtually the same weight & length as the factory FNH Charging Handle, ensuring the weapon functions and cycles as designed.
- The outboard, pointed end of IWC’s SCAR Charger can now be used as gouging / tearing weapon, similar to the function of the charging handle found on AK type weapons.
“Ordered mine about two weeks ago and got it a few days later. Super fast. I use an Aimpoint micro H-1 on an Aimpoint mount, and have plenty of clearance when the CH is placed facing downward. I also have the PWS SXR rail extension so even with the CH on my support side, I have no contact with the CH reciprocating. Thank you IWC for an awesome product at a great price.”
- Hassle Free installation. Single piece design is removed / installed exactly the same way as the factory FNH Charging Handle.
- Designed to function flawleessly on ALL SCAR models: MK16, MK17, MK16S and MK17S
- Save your knuckles! IWC’s SCAR Charger Charger’s contact patch is angled down and away, which moves the shooters hand away from the top rail and optics mount.
- The SCAR Enhanced Charging Handle can be mounted angle down or angle up and on either the ejection port side or non-ejection port side.
- CNC Machined from a single piece of 4140 steel, then plated with Melonite finish for incredible wear & corrosion resistance.
- Weighs just .371oz