EPC (Ejection Port Cover) is based on TDP dimensions, with thoughtful Forward Control touches. Billet machined from 7075 aluminum, and hard coat Type III anodized, it incorporates features FCD thinks many will find useful.
EPC has two “tabs” flanking the cutout for the port cover spring. These tabs allow the EPC to rest on the upper at a greater angle when it’s in the down/open position, which provides more space between the port cover and lower receiver. This allows one’s finger to get underneath the port cover when one wishes to swing it up/close.
Please note that depending on the upper receiver, the area below the ejection port cover will vary in thickness, which affects the angle of the EPC when the port cover is open/down.
Another feature is a shallow circular depression on the side of the EPC to provide texture tactile feedback to the user’s finger when he’s closing the EPC. A flat surface provides nothing to the user to differentiate one surface from another, it also provides no traction. A shallow circular depression on the left side of the EPC does both. FCD incorporates flat surfaces with care as they have their uses. In this case, EPC’s exterior surface is treated as a control surface, where a flat surface rarely makes sense.
- Material: Billet machined from 7075 aluminum.
- Finish: Hard coat Type III anodized.
- EPC is compatible with TDP spec upper receivers.
- Weight: 0.30oz.
- Proudly designed and made in the USA.
- EPC is incompatible with BCM’s Mk2, Aero M4E1, and Centurion Arms CM4 upper receivers.
- Initial closing and opening of EPC may be stiff, this is normal, and will become easier with 2 or 3 closing/opening cycles.
- Please examine the upper’s ejection port cover latch/detent relief cut. If the ejection port latch/detent relief cut is cut too shallow, slight modification may be required for EPC to close.