Black River Tactical PRO 5.56 Barrels are designed and built to meet the needs of professional shooters who require a balance of accuracy, durability, and value. Black River Tactical PRO 5.56 barrels start with a high-grade stress relieved blank using a precision button rifling process and certified material. The barrels use a medium taper profile to keep weight down while maintaining strength. This produces a balanced weapon when other accessories are added. The barrels are finished with a QPQ Nitride process that maintains peak accuracy and withstands challenging environments. Black River Tactical PRO 5.56 barrels deliver the performance to get the job done in demanding real-world conditions.
- Button Rifled and Stress Relieved for consistent accuracy. BRT’s precision button rifling process produces an exceptionally straight and smooth bore finish, which is key to maintaining accuracy.
- QPQ Nitride Chamber and Bore for excellent service life and resistance to corrosion. More than a surface finish, this treatment converts the outer surfaces of the steel into a hard composition with similar properties to hard chrome plating, but without any dimensional changes. This new surface improves extraction and velocity while resisting fouling and corrosion.
- 556 Chamber for compatibility with all high-pressure military 5.56 and civilian .223 ammunition. BRT’s multi-step process produces true mil-spec chamber dimensions with excellent concentricity and includes separate operations for throating and chamber polishing.
- Gas System tuned for reliable use with a wide variety of ammunition. BRT’s gas system configurations and gas port dimensions are the product of extensive engineering backed by exhaustive testing. The results are a balance of wide reliability margin and smooth operation.
- Buffer Recommendations:
- H or H2, VLTOR A5H1
- BRT Midweight Taper Profile
- .750 Gas Block Journal ( Compatible with Front Site Base )
- Mid-Length Gas System
- .073 Gas Port Size
- 1/2-28 Suppressor-Ready Muzzle Thread
- 5.56 NATO Chamber
- 1/7 Twist
- 4150 CrMoV Ordnance Grade Steel per Mil-B-11595E(AR)
- QPQ Nitride Finish
- M4 Barrel Extension with Extended Feed Ramps
- Weight: 27.4 oz