The QD Blast Shield was designed to offer significant concussion reduction for the end-user and other team members operating in the immediate vicinity. Often team members in CQB environments experience a concussion from a muzzle blast that is not only deafeningly loud but also can cause prolonged headaches that can last for days afterward.
Especially effective on short barrels, the unique design of the QD Blast Shield directs concussive force forward allowing an end-user to rapidly reconfigure muzzle device function. Ultra-strong 17-4PH stainless steel and Tig welded construction provides a robust material and build method to withstand intense use and full auto fire without fear of failure. The body is fluted in the same way as our QD suppressors, increasing strength to weight ratio for added geometrical strength, while increasing surface area for faster cooling.
Melonite QPQ surface treatment provides an extremely hard, durable, and attractive finish.
The QD mechanism is fast, positive, and free of wear-prone geometry commonly found in ratcheting devices. The QD Blast Shield also comes with a shim set and overtravel stop to refit your A2 compensator for optimal use.
The Griffin QD Blast Shield is compatible with our line of SDQD mounts in 7.62 and 5.56mm, Including the M4SD Flash Comp, Muzzle Brake, Hammer Comp, Linear Comp, Compensating Flash Hider, Tactical Compensator, and 30SD Flash Comp. It is also compatible with A2 Compensators that fall within the USGI A2 spec blueprinted dimensions. Although many companies manufacture A2 style compensators not all of them are dimensioned properly. Not Compatible with BCM, BCE, or PWS muzzle devices.
Griffin Armament has continued to pursue product development that will enhance hearing safety in tactical and shooting sport situations. The QD Blast Shield is a great product for those that would like to reduce the concussion of their muzzle devices.
- Not compatible with 30SD Flash Suppressor and 30SD Muzzle Brake
- The silencer interface was designed to fit the USGI A2 government contract compliant muzzle devices. We cannot guarantee fitment with an A2 style compensator due to the broad tolerance range of both import and domestic devices from various brands. For guaranteed fitment, we recommend the purchase of a Griffin mount.
- Compatible up to 9mm projectiles.
- Material: 17-4PH stainless steel.
- Finish: Melonite QPQ.
- Significantly reduces concussion.
- Compatible with Griffin QD silencer mounts and A2 Compensator.
- Fluted to reduce weight and increase strength.
- Fast, positive, wear-free QD mechanism.
- Included shim set and over-travel stop washer to refit your A2 for optimal use.
- OD of Blast Area: 1.5″.
- OD of Locking Gate Area: 1.5″.