Featuring the same industry-leading barrel nut and lock-up design as originally introduced on BCM’s evolutionary KMR handguard, the QRF Series of handguards gives the shooter modularity in the Picatinny (MIL-STD-1913) platform. Includes T, L, R, and B recoil slot markings on all four rails to aid in repeatable set up for the end-user.
This proprietary patented mounting system (US Patent 8904691), includes a mechanical index to the 12:00 rail and positions mounting hardware to mitigate the movement caused by heat generated by the weapon system. Actual length is 9.24″
- Free Float Quad Rail eliminates loads from barrel, reducing the deflection for more accurate shooting.
- Precision Machined Aerospace 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy, for high strength and lightweight.
- Proprietary engineered profile offers additional cross sectional strength.
- Includes 4 QD Sing Swivel Sockets, (limited rotation)
- Steel Barrel Nut (same KMR, MCMR, and QRF series), to resist movement under heat.
- Hard Coat Anodized per Mil-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2
- Handguard alone weighs 8.8 oz
- Handguard mounting hardware 2.3 oz
- 1.3 Inside Diameter
- 2.12″ Wide
Designed to be used with Mil-Spec M16 rifle length gas systems with FSB or low profile gas block, or mid-length and carbine gas systems with a low profile gas block. The barrel nut will fit over all mil-spec diameter barrels (max of 1″)