- Machined from forged 7075 Aluminum
- MIL-SPEC Hard Anodizing
- Forward assist eliminated for weight saving and reduced snag risk
- Lightweight design 6.2 oz stripped (.8 oz lighter than a MIL-SPEC upper receiver) 1.7 oz lighter than a MIL-SPEC upper receiver with hardware installed
- Captured dust cover door pin eliminating the need for the E clip
- Increased barrel mounting circumference maintaining a solid barrel/receiver interface.
- Interference fit barrel extension interface for increased accuracy.
Any Handguard with anti-rotation tabs will not work with this upper, Midwest Industries, Geissele and Odin Works are some examples of rails that do not work.