The PMAG 5 7.62 AC is a reliable and durable polymer magazine for .308 Winchester-based family of cartridges and is compatible with short action AICS-spec bottom metal, to include the Bolt Action Magazine Well for the Hunter 700 Stock. Featuring GEN M3 technology, a paint-pen dot matrix for visual identification, and a flared base plate for positive control and ease of retrieval, the PMAG 5 7.62 AC sets a new standard for bolt action magazines. Comes standard as a 5-round capacity magazine for hunting regulation compliance, but the follower can be easily modified by the user to increase the capacity to six rounds for field, competition, or combat use. Made in the USA.
- RUGGED POLYMER BODY WITH AN IMPROVED FLOORPLATE: Next-generation impact and crush-resistant polymer construction. Flared and removable floorplate aids magazine handling and is easy to disassemble for maintenance
- ADVANCED FOLLOWER: Self-lubricating follower for increased reliability. Modifiable follower leg can be easily clipped to increase the capacity by one extra cartridge. Includes a long-life stainless steel spring
- EASY IDENTIFICATION: Utilize the paint pen dot matrix to easily identify magazines with different loadouts
- Caliber 7.62 x 51
- Platform Bolt Action
- Capacity 5
- Weight 3.2 oz.
- Height, max 3.4 in.
- Compatibility: Compatible with short action AICS (Accuracy International Chassis Systems) pattern bottom metal and cartridges built on a 0.470″ case head such as 7.62×51/.308 Winchester, 7mm-08 Remington, 6.5mm Creedmoor, .260 Remington, .243 Winchester, and others*
- Accepts a cartridge overall length of up to 2.86″
*PLEASE NOTE: Not compatible with smaller base diameter cartridges such as .220 Swift, .223 Remington, .300 AAC Blackout, etc. or larger short action magnums. In addition, due to the wide variety and potential combinations of aftermarket receivers, stocks, chassis, and bottom metal that accept AICS pattern mags, minor fitting may be required.
Not compatible with Accuracy International AE rifles or semi-auto platforms utilizing SR25/M110 pattern magazines.
The Sig Cross rifles ship with a Magpul PMAG 5 7.62 AC that has a proprietary sled follower for optimized single-round loading through the ejection port. The standard PMAG 5 7.62 AC (MAG549) and PMAG 5 7.62 AC (MAG579) are compatible with the Sig Cross, and feeding performance will be the same from the Sig Cross OEM Magpul magazine or the standard Magpul PMAG 7.62 AC magazines.
The original PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazine, identified by its green lock plate and follower, was optimized for the .308 Winchester based family of cartridges and is compatible with short action AICS-spec bottom metal, to include the Bolt Action Magazine Well for the Hunter 700 Stock, and performed well with most non-.308 based cartridges in nearly all applications. Some three-lug bolt action rifle platforms, such as the Ruger American Rifle®, presented some occasional feeding concerns when used with the standard green follower PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazine. We have made an inline change to a new design of spring and follower. The revised PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazine, easily identified with its brown lock plate and follower, has been optimized to ensure complete Magpul reliability with a broad range of calibers in the Ruger American Rifle® and other 3-lug bolt designs, while maintaining or improving the proven Magpul reliability in Remington® 700 footprint platforms and other 2-lug bolt action designs. For the Hunter American stock, we recommend using only the new, brown follower magazines, in calibers like 6.5 Creedmoor. All other actions, and the Ruger in .308, can use either version interchangeably.