The PMAG 5 7.62 AC is a reliable and durable polymer magazine for (AICS) spec bolt action rifles.
- Magazine Capacity: 5
- Caliber .308 Win / 7.62 Nato
- Platform: Bolt Action
- Self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
- Improved detachable floor plate
- Made in USA
- The PMAG 10 7.62 AC magazine is optimized for .308 Winchester family of cartridges built on a 0.470″ case head such as 7.62×51/.308 Winchester, 7mm-08 Remington, 6.5mm Creedmoor, .260 Remington, .243 Winchester and is compatible with short action AICS-pattern bolt action rifles
- Not compatible with smaller base diameter cartridges such as .220 Swift, .223 Remington, .300 AAC Blackout, etc. or larger short action magnums. In addition, due to the wide variety and potential combinations of aftermarket receivers, stocks, chassis, and bottom metal that accept AICS pattern mags, minor fitting may be required.
- Not compatible with Accuracy International AE rifles or semi-auto platforms utilizing SR25/M110 pattern magazines.
- The Sig Cross rifles ship with a Magpul PMAG 5 7.62 AC that has a proprietary sled follower for optimized single-round loading through the ejection port. The standard PMAG 5 7.62 AC (MAG549) and PMAG 5 7.62 AC (MAG579) are compatible with the Sig Cross.
- The original PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazine, identified by its green lock plate and follower, was optimized for the .308 Winchester based family of cartridges and is compatible with short action AICS-spec bottom metal, to include the Bolt Action Magazine Well for the Hunter 700 Stock, and performed well with most non-.308 based cartridges in nearly all applications. Some three-lug bolt action rifle platforms, such as the Ruger American Rifle®, presented some occasional feeding concerns when used with the standard green follower PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazine. We have made an inline change to a new design of spring and follower. The revised PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazine, easily identified with its brown lock plate and follower, has been optimized to ensure complete Magpul reliability with a broad range of calibers in the Ruger American Rifle® and other 3-lug bolt designs, while maintaining or improving the proven Magpul reliability in Remington® 700 footprint platforms and other 2-lug bolt action designs. For the Hunter American stock, we recommend using only the new, brown follower magazines, in calibers like 6.5 Creedmoor. All other actions, and the Ruger in .308, can use either version interchangeably.