The Leap/10 is the strongest Aimpoint CompM5s Quick-Detach mount SCALARWORKS ever tested.
- ONE ZERO Leap mounts hold and return to zero under any condition. Guaranteed.
- LIGHT MADE RIGHT Engineered to be the lightest Aimpoint ACRO QD mount, without compromising an ounce of strength.
- MIGHTY MOUNT The Leap is the strongest Aimpoint ACRO Quick-Detach mount Scalarworks has ever tested.
- SMOOTH IS FAST The Leap has no protruding levers, bolts, or knobs to rap your knuckles or get caught on clothing, gear, and surroundings.
- CLICK DRIVE quick-detach mechanism is intuitive, self adjusting, and completely recoil proof. By decoupling clamping force from vibration resistance, ClickDrive™ doesn’t need massive amounts of imprecise torque, and is not dependent on unreliable friction. A low profile recessed thumbwheel deflects external impacts, while letting you take the mount off in under 3 seconds, with or without gloves.
The Leap is the strongest Aimpoint Duty RDS Quick-Detach mount SCALARWORKS ever tested.
A variety of QD mounts have been put on a digital test stand, capable of exerting up to 1500lbs of force, and analyzed load versus displacement data for each. SCALRWORKS then used everything they’ve learned from these tests to refine their original design, culminating in the Leap; a quick-detach mount that is both the lightest and strongest on the market today.
A highly efficient clamp design guarantees precise operation and unprecedented rigidity: It features an oversize hooded thru-hole to buttress the thumbscrew’s shank, which is the maximum possible diameter to fit a Picatinny channel. A pair of hardened steel precision ground pins is press fitted to the clamp and act as guides.
Click Drive mechanism: A fluted crown requires only the torque from your bare hand to securely clamp the mount onto a rail, and uses the force from a spring-loaded ball-detent to make it completely recoil proof. Return-to-zero is guaranteed as long as the same person takes it on and off.
During its development, the Leap mount was subjected to dozens of stress tests before a single prototype was ever made. Finite Element Analysis (FEA) helped extract every bit of performance from every gram of material. This cutting-edge design process has resulted in the most efficient mount design possible.
Every Leap mount is CNC milled from 7075-T6 Aluminum billet, which has vastly superior mechanical properties to 6061-T6, and is used where ultimate strength and durability outweigh cost considerations.
Works well on my MP5 clone. I have a MFI low optic rail that allows a clear view of the irons beneath the red dot.