From the Manufacturer:
Our MLOK QD swivel sling adapter is not unlike other MLOK sling adapters in the market, except MSQ-H (MLOK, Sling adapter, QD, Heavy) is billet machined in 4140, and black nitrided. Forward Controls Design isn’t always the first to market, we only strive to be the best.
MSQ-H is the first of several collaborations between Forward Controls Design and Sons of Liberty Gunworks. It is based on an existing product from Arson Machine. We deem there is no point in changing an already superb design just so it’d look different, so we kept the design identical, and only changed the material and coating on the MSQ-H from the original, and added a discreet Cygnus logo.
MSQ-H is the second product in our new line of products with the H designation (the first being the 4140 ESF-H). Heavier than the aluminum sling adapters, it is also stronger (4140 tensile strength is 95,000psi, vs 7075 T6 tensile strength of 73,000psi, and 6061 yield strength of 40,000), we gladly accept the trade-off for better durability. We’re not known for making lightweight components, our focus is ever on duty/combat weapons-grade designs where durability and practicality trump whatever new fad the industry is embracing at the hour.
- MSQ-H weighs in at 0.867oz. It’s not meant to be light, it is meant to be durable.
- MSQ-H’s QD swivel socket is rotation limited, MLOK mounting hardware is included. As with all Forward Controls products, MSQ-H is proudly made in the USA.
- Recommended torque value is 35in/lbs for attaching to metal handguards, and 15in/lbs for attaching to polymer handguards. Magpul states these torque values are recommended limits, not minimums.
- For a more detailed Magpul document on installation, please visit this page.
- An 8/32 Allen wrench (not included) is required to torque the mounting screws.