ComTac™ VI has been improved with new omni-directional microphones and high fidelity speakers with greater sensitivity to help replicate sound more clearly and accurately. The new digital signal processing circuitry and new transmit microphone is designed to help improve speech intelligibility and the environmental listening function’s ability to detect and locate sound from previous generations of the platform.
Hear the difference.
3M™ PELTOR™ ComTac™ VI has new omni-directional microphones, high fidelity speakers, and a new digital signal processor that helps improve the overall sound quality of the headset. The environmental listening feature, also known as “talk-through” is a means of allowing safe audio sounds to bypass the individual hearing protection electronically while still helping protect against harmful noises. This is accomplished with 3M’s proprietary digital audio circuit integrated into the headset.
A microphone receives the sounds outside of the headset and transmits them to a speaker inside of the headset. The level-dependent digital audio circuit senses noise levels above the desired threshold and compresses them to a safe decibel level or amplifies weak sounds to an audible level.
Sound detection, sound identification, sound localization, speech communications, all important components of auditory situational awareness, impacting Warfighter efficiency and safety.
The 3M™ PELTOR™ ComTac™ VI offers a new way to adjust the auditory settings of your headset for your mission. Traditionally, a headset has a set frequency response, and the operator can only increase or decrease the volume. The MAP function provides new advanced ambient listening modes that allow access to a variety of gain settings, but with frequency shaping, to enhance auditory performance in five conditions. The MAP Profiles have been designed with a variety of combat and combat support operations in mind.
NIB enables short-range, headset-to-headset communication in high noise environments, without the use of an external communications radio. The NIB function allows for 4 team members to speak simultaneously, and over 60 people within a 10-meter radius to listen at any given time. Audio transmit is activated by either a voice-activated switch (VOX) for hands-free operations or by push-to-talk. The VOX switch is adaptive, meaning the threshold to activate will adjust automatically to the noise environment. To help reduce user burden, a tactile button has been added to the left ear cup that allows the user to easily turn on or off the function / and switch from VOX to PTT settings.S13
- Noise Cancelling (IP68) Speech Microphone for Communication in Noise.
- Omni Directional Environmental Microphones for Level-Dependent Situational Awareness.
- NIB (Natural Interaction Behavior) for Peer to Peer Headset Communication.
- Level Dependent, Electronic Hearing Protection to Help Protect from Impulse and Steady-State Noise.
- Rugged 3M™ PELTOR™ Design for Trusted Performance.
- Mission Audio Profile (MAP) to Select Audibility Settings Based on Anticipated Noise Exposure.
- Attenuation: 20 dB, 23 dB.
- Battery Type: AAA (Rechargeable or Disposable).
- Case Quantity: 1.
- Color Family: Green.
- Communication Direction: Two-way.
- Communication Type: Tactical Comms.
- Compatible Radio Brands: 6-pin NATO, Motorola.
- Connection Type: Integrated Communication, Wired.
- Features: Advanced VOX (Voice Operated Transmit), Boom Microphone, Compatible with most helmets, Impulse Noise Protection, Level Dependent Function, NIB (Natural Interaction Behavior), Noise-canceling microphone, PTT Function, Two Way Communication.
- Plug Type: J11.
- Product Color: Green.
- Product Type: MIL/LE Tactical Headsets.
- Recommended Application: Military.
- Recommended Industry: Armed Forces.
- SGBG New Product: Yes.
- Suspension Method: Foldable Headband, Headband, Helmet Mount.