The Noisefighters AX14-PRO™ is a featherweight night vision monocular mounting arm for the PVS-14 and similar devices, produced with cutting-edge manufacturing and material technologies. The AX14-PRO weighs only 0.9 oz / 26 g total, or approximately 52% less than a milspec J-Arm, yet it is significantly more rigid due to the unique design. Just attach a monocular, snap the complete assembly into an industry-standard dovetail helmet mount, and enjoy. An intuitive, friction-based mechanism allows users to swing the PVS-14 monocular in front of either the left or right eye and perfectly adjust for interpupillary distance.
The AX14-PRO is the successor to Noisefighter’s original X14-Arm and includes a new, desirable feature: a knuckle is integrated into the arm which allows the entire monocular to both swing away from the eye temporarily and, when not in use, tightly stow against the helmet, significantly lessening the chance for damage during movement under doorways or out of vehicles. This knuckle is supplemented with metal washers for smooth and consistent movements. To be clear, the articulating knuckle permits full range of motion and tight stowing on both the left and right sides.
The mechanism is pre-tensioned at the factory and should never need to be adjusted, but a simple hex key wrench may be used for adjustment as necessary.
A slight rearward sweep of the inner arm helps position the monocular eyepiece closer to one’s eye and provides greater compatibility for those with larger helmets.
Multiple anti-rotation features prevent the monoculars from rotating and loosening with vibrations.
The choice of a high-performance polymer from Arkema® produces a nearly indestructible monocular mount. The highly impact-resistant material chosen for the AX14-PRO should absorb shocks and bounce back into shape instead of fracturing when dropped, bent, or otherwise stressed.
All hardware is made of genuine, passivated 316 stainless steel and mil-spec anodized aluminum for the ultimate in salt water corrosion resistance. The AX14-PRO is truly maritime rated.
A tether (or dummy cord) attachment point is featured on the rear of the AX14-PRO to secure the entire system.
A no-questions-asked, transferable lifetime warranty is included. The Noisefighters AX14-PRO is proudly made and assembled in the U.S.A. and was designed by a Marine Corps combat veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Considerations to account for when using this product:
- This arm is NOT COMPATIBLE with bayonet-style night vision helmet mounts. You MUST HAVE a dovetail-type night vision helmet mount.
- No auto-shutoff system is integrated. Users must manually turn off the monocular when articulating or flipping up and stowing equipment on top of the helmet.
- Milspec AN/PVS-14 Monocular.
- Photonis Vyper-14 chassis for AN/PVS-14 Monocular
- AB Night Vision MOD3 Monocular (Autogain version only)
- Kights Armament M-14 Alloy chassis for AN/PVS-14 Monocular
- Helmet Mounting: Dovetail
- Material: High-performance polymer from Arkema®. Milspec anodized aluminum. 316 stainless steel.
- Finish: Black
- Weight: 0.9 OZ / 26 g
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 1 x 1.25″
- Estimated combined weight with a milspec PVS-14 attached (L3 unfilled 11769 tube, no battery, no eyecup retaining ring, no rubber eyecup, no demist shield installed): 10.9 oz
- Estimated combined weight with a lightweight Nightline, INC. NL914C monocular (L3 unfilled 11769 tube, no battery, no eyecup retaining ring, no rubber eyecup, no demist shield installed):
- Warranty: Lifetime, transferable
- Made and assembled in the USA.