With positive indexing at forward, umbrella, and admin task angles, the Variarc™ Helmet Mount shines light where you need it.
The VariArc™ Helmet Mount:
- Positively locks in the forward index position.
- Directs light through 360 degrees, with 8 additional lower-force index positions.
- Works in vertical positions for umbrella lighting rooms, canopy illumination, and IR strobe signaling.
- Can be used in downward angles for admin & task lighting.
- Picatinny Accessory Rail with 3 slots and 4 ridges.
- Features retention holes on both ends for dummy wiring critical gear.
- Mounts on standard dovetail-style helmet rails (Ops-Core®), Team Wendy® or M-LOK® side mounts.
- Durable, reinforced polymer construction with steel hardware.
- M-LOK version comes with genuine Magpul M-LOK nuts.
- Designed and made in the USA.
Conceived by Josh Jackson (SWAT-LEO) at LMS Defense, with input from other SWAT-team leaders and active-duty special operations soldiers, the VariArc helmet mount provides a full-featured mounting solution. The locking teeth are biased to the forward position, keeping your light aligned for the most critical uses, but with a firm twist, the VariArc mount unlocks and rotates through 8 additional lower-force index points for administrative tasks and diffused lighting options. Its small footprint and low profile keep things tidy and the Picatinny Rail allows for maximum compatibility with visible and IR lights. The VariArc is built to remain fully functional through extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, sand, water, drops on concrete, and rough handling.
Compatible with standard 1913 Picatinny Rail Lights such as:
- Surefire Scout, X300, XH35, Vampire, XC1/2, and similar.
- Streamlight TLR-1, TLR-VIR, TLR-7-8, and similar.
- INFORCE APL, APLc.
- Arisaka Side Scout Mount (Picatinny).
- Do NOT loosen the adjustment center screw before mounting!
- Install your version of VariArc:
– Dovetail (Ops-Core): Slide VariArc onto your helmet rail.
– Team Wendy: Attach with cap screws to side mount location.
– M-LOK: slightly loosen cam nuts, insert into side slot, tighten screws.
- Attach the light to the Picatinny section of VariArc.
- Verify rotation after install. Indexing will be tight for the first couple of rotations.
NOTE: You DO NOT need to adjust the center screw unless you find the tension has loosened with extended use.
To mount an Ops-Core VariArc on a Team Wendy Helmet, you can first use Team Wendy’s dovetail adapter, but the Team Wendy version of the VariArc was designed so the VariArc could be mounted more directly.