The Assault Panel Core was designed to be a multi-mission back panel attachment to your LV-119 OVERT Rear Plate Bag. We designed the Panel to fill a spectrum of needs ranging from a light weight Assault Panel, to a more robust Pack Panel. The panel is both expandable and modular and can accommodate a plethora of equipment to meet almost any operational need.
The Assault Panel Core attaches to your LV-119 Rear Plate Bag using a combination of 6 directional snaps, and 2 full length zippers. It also utilizes two stabilizers that route inside of the Rear Plate Bag if the Panel is used in “Configuration 2 or 3” listed below.
The Panel has a removable flap system that allows the user to configure the upper half of the Panel to meet their mission needs. (Flaps are sold separately, the Assault Panel Core does NOT come with a flap.) This eliminates the need to have multiple panels and allows for quicker donning and doffing of mission essential equipment.
The top of the Panel features a custom double pull, separating zipper.
This zipper serves three purposes:
- It allows the Flaps to be completely removed from the Core and swapped out
- It allows communication antennas and other items such as cabling, hydration tubes, and breaching tools to be routed into and out of the top of the panel
- It provides quick access to the inside of the panel without lifting the entire Flap
The Assault Panel Core also has three direction snaps to hold Flaps securely on and to keep tools held inside the panel.
The Assault Panel Core features 4 external attachment zippers.
These zippers allow the panel to be worn in three configurations:
- Configuration 1 uses the top zippers to attach the panel to the plate bag. This compresses the panel and allows the panel to be worn in a “light” configuration. This configuration of the panel is great for assaulters who want a streamlined and tight configuration and only need to carry things like a small hydration bladder, slap charges, flash bangs and GP kit on their backs.
- Configuration 2 uses the bottom zippers to attach the panel to the plate bag. This configuration gives the user much more capacity and configures the panel into more of a backpack. This provides the same features as Configuration 1, but with the added volume for bulky items such as radios, cold weather gear, poll less litters, etc.
- Configuration 3 also uses the bottom zippers to attach to the rear plate bag, but introduces the bottom expansion as well. This expansion offers the ability to carry longer tools and store even more bulky items in the expanded space.
The Assault Panel Core comes standard with a permanently affixed large GP pocket on the lower half. This pocket is velcro lined for attachment of accessory items. It features a total of two tie down locations inside the pouch for securing sensitive equipment. The front of the pouch features a zippered stash pocket for organizing smaller, commonly needed items. This pocket also has a 4″ x 5″ Velcro Field for attaching identification patches. Behind the GP pocket is a hidden stash compartment. This is used for storing the lower half of slap charges or breach pens when they are passed through the flaps above. It can also be used to stash E&E equipment or smaller personal items.
Each side of the panel features six tie down loops for securing longer items external to the panel. These loops are great for attaching Tri-Fold or Bi-Fold charges or other tall items.
The bottom expansion has a G-Hook internal to the panel that allows you to secure it in place if a heavier load needs to be carried inside, but you do not want the expansion to deploy inadvertently.
- Medium Overt Plate Bags – Fits
- Large Overt Plate Bags – Fits, could use an XL Adapter if you have very thick plates, and are overloading the panel
- Extra Large Overt Plate Bags – Needs an XL Adapter to be compatible with the XL Plate Bags