The 5-Inch Elastic Cummerbund is a simple and effective solution for professionals who need to carry and have rapid access to additional ammunition and equipment on their sides while still maintaining a low profile.
- Elastic cells are 3 inches wide and are built around standard 5.56 Magazines, such as the PMAG.
- Elastic cummerbunds prevent user fatigue while worn for long durations.
- Materials sourced from industry leaders in textiles manufacturing.
- The cummerbund attaches inside the plate bag.
- The design creates a smooth profile when worn underneath clothing.
The 5-Inch Elastic Cummerbund is a simple and effective solution for professionals who need to carry and have rapid access to additional ammunition and equipment on their sides while still maintaining a low profile. Sideloading is great for ground vehicles and low visibility operations. Elastic cells are 3 inches wide and are built around standard 5.56 Magazines, such as the PMAG. Elastic cummerbunds prevent user fatigue while worn for long durations, as they stretch with the body during active maneuvers.
Using 5-Inch Elastic allows for the stable carriage of taller items as they are held more securely. The sewn-on pull tabs allow for the use of the Bungee Retention Kit to securely hold items for HALO, OTB, or other kinetic operations. The tabs also allow users to pull on the cell and make it easier to load and extract equipment.
The Elastic HLT Cummerbund features premium, Berry Amendment Compliant materials sourced from industry leaders in textiles manufacturing. It offers superior construction processes, including triple stitching on the elastic cells to prolong life and prevent cell failure when stuffed with-non standard or oddly shaped items.
The cummerbund attachment is a proprietary system that allows for the use of all of Spiritus’s cummerbunds, as well as allowing for a wide range of adjustments. The cummerbund attaches inside the plate bag, which is advantageous for a few reasons.
1. There is no external mounting that can get snagged or rip off when exiting vehicles in haste.
2. The design creates a smooth profile when worn underneath clothing.
3. Hook & loop is not utilized as an attachment method on the rear plate bag. Hook & loop wears out over time and is a generally less-than-optimal attachment method when not supported in other ways. Hook & loop doesn’t handle weight well and it sticks to everything, especially cloth seats.
The cummerbund comes in two sizes: Size 1 and Size 2, each offering up to 14 inches of total adjustment. This allows for proper fitment for all body types.
- Size 1: 28″ to 42″
- Size 2: 40″ to 54″
To figure our appropriate sizing, take a measurement of the waist at the belly button. When measuring, users should dress as they would while actually wearing the carrier. For example, if the user is operating in arctic environments, they should be wearing cold weather equipment when measuring.
If your waist measurement is 42″, we suggest going up to the Size 2 cummerbund.
Click Here for the cummerbund installation quick start guide.
- The LV119 Cummerbund is part of the LV119 Plate Carrier System. This item does not include a Front Plate Bag, Rear Plate Bag, Shoulder Covers, Placards, or any other accessories. Additional components are required for proper use.
- Some images are shown with optional accessories sold separately.
The LV-119 can be a pain to set up but once it’s set it’s super solid the elastic doesn’t look or feel like other flimsy options out there. It’s tough and looks like it will hold up well against walks through the brush and muff
Spiritus Systems Elastic HLT Cummerbund