The 2A Armament Lightweight Bolt Carrier (LWBCG) is a lightweight carrier solution for those looking to reduce both felt recoil, and the overall weight of the AR-15 pattern rifle. The LWBCG combines a very high quality forward body and an advanced bearing surface aluminum tail to give the shooter a reliable, lightweight, and high quality bolt carrier group. The advanced finned design of the tail section of the LWBCG reduces drag and wear within the receiver extension which increases reliability.
- Carrier: 8620 steel, heat-treated, QPQ Nitride.
- Bolt: 9310 steel, heat-treated, MP, Cryo’d, QPQ Nitride.
- Rear body: 7075-T6, hard anodized clear.
- Extractor: machined, heat-treated, QPQ Nitride.
- Carrier key: machined, heat-treated, QPQ Nitride, staked screws.
- Weight: 7.9oz assembled.
- Product of the great state of Idaho, MADE IN THE U.S.A.
NOTE: Does not support the use of forward assist. Not compatible with full auto systems. 2A recommends the use of milspec buffers and buffer springs.
COMPATIBILITY NOTICE: Some 3rd party skeletonized upper receivers have the bore surface compromised that the bolt carrier slides on. 2A Armament does not recommend the use of these upper receivers due to a non-continuous slide surface that can cause binding and cycling-related issues. 2A Armament cannot guarantee flawless fit and function in a 3rd party skeletonized upper receiver