RHF (Railed Handguard, Forward Controls) is based on the superb CMT UHPR Mod2, with full-length 1913 rails at 12 o’clock, and MLOK at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock.
RHF is machined from 6000 series extruded aluminum, its barrel nut is machined from 7075 aluminum, both are Type 3 anodized, while the rail mounting hardware is machined from 17-4 PH (patent pending). RHF also incorporates anti-rotation tabs.
RHF’s inside diameter is 1.315″ and compatible with most low profile gas blocks. Barrel nut diameter is 1.378″, barrel nut wrench is included.
RHF incorporates design input from Forward Controls, the changes include:
1. Omission of QD swivel attachment points. The location of the front sling attachment is left to individual users.
2. Barrel cooling vents changed to the classic round shape. One might say FCD is paying homage to Knight’s Armament’s RAS and RIS where meaningful modular revolution began.
3. Simplification of the already understated aesthetics of the CMT UHPR Mod 2 handguard.
- Weight: 9.25 oz
- Barrel nut torque: milspec 40-70ft/lbs.
- Rail clamp screws torque: 45 inc/lbs.